Friday, October 16, 2009

How small the world really is...

So yesterday I'm sitting in my Advanced Writing class, which I may add is an amazing class. After the first fifteen minute free write we're all sharing our mini essays and the guy next to me, Dan, shares with the class that his brother will be coming home from Eastern University this weekend. To which I'm surprised and squeal, " My brother goes there too!" Shocked that I'm sitting next to the one person at Towson, a University that has over 20,000 students, has a brother who attends the same small college my brother attends.

Well we exchange brother's names and i text Jon-Michael, my brother. He replies saying "Oh yeah, Raphael is one of my best friends. How do you know him?"
I'm awed now... and so I ask Dan what his brother is doing at Eastern and how he chose to go there. And his reply is he is majoring in Anthropology and minoring in Missions. At this point I just laugh and squeak one more time... so is my brother!

At this point my whole class is just bubbling with laughter and telling us we have the same brother. How funny is this. Needless to say the rest of the class, Dan and I talk and giggle, by this time there is no stopping my laughter. I can hardly believe this but it was such a nice surprise. I just forget how related we all are sometimes and then a moment like this comes along.

No comments: