Monday, December 22, 2008

O holy night.

O Holy Night is my absolute favorite Christmas song. No matter how mad the season seems to get, whenever I hear it I cannot help but pause and think of Jesus, his birth and new life and my absolute gratitude and love that he came to set us free. I can't make it through it without crying when we sing my favorite verse:

Truly He taught us to love one another,
His law is love and His gospel is peace.
Chains he shall break, for the slave is our brother.
And in his name all oppression shall cease.
Wow, its just so powerful i feel it speaks for itself. I am hoping that this Christmas season and through out the year(and my life) I can know and live this truth more.

1 comment:

marktristan said...

Matt introduced it to me a couple of years ago, and steadily it's becoming one of my favourites too. Of course, now I won't hear it for another 11 months :) but when it's time, I'll have your comments in mind as well.